To a place, I belong.
West Virginia, mountain mamma
take me home, country roads
Looks good, lah.
Well, this is something I built pretty much with my eyes closed because this is more or less what I see when they are open. Wide roads, narrow footpaths, and the same 15-storey block copied and pasted 50 times per sq km is much closer to my heart than the Marina Bay Sands infinity pool ever will be.
The footpaths are, unfortunately, still twice as wide as they really should be, but I am satisfied with capturing the general idea.
When I clearly remember from visiting Singapore is they have the mass transit DLC
Planning regulations allocate a lot of the space between roads and buildings to be used as planting strips, to maintain the "garden city" image. While this allows for lots of trees, it doesn't leave a lot of space for footpaths. Presumably.
Cars are given a comfortable , though. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Wow nice detailing. Btw what map theme do you use?
those are always better when you find them in a foreign city though am i right?
I thought you've found an oil resource
Nice build, though this wouldn't qualify as my American Dream. :-)
No, this is Patrick.
Please explain mod/LUT combo
Oh nice! What's the asset of the tram stop?
'Elevated Tramstation' by Jerenable ;)
Probably it requires a 'tram anywhere' mod for a proper usability ;)
Zoneable parks!!! This is what we've been always wanting since the game game out holy shit. This is perfect.
Now imagine this for specialized buildings
We're pleased to announce that Cities: Skylines will be getting a playful new expansion, Parklife. Parklife is a lively new add-on for the PC version of Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order’s hit city-builder. The expansion will make your city more vibrant than ever with new amusement parks and zoos; nature reserves and city parks, giving new life to your empty land with custom green spaces.
Parklife adds new ways to play with everything from roller coasters and campsites to flower beds, fountains and flamingos. There’s also a new park area tool, five new maps, a ton of new assets and level-up features that increase your park’s property values in play.
More leisurely features:
• Parks and Recreation: Use the new park area tool to create park districts wherever there is empty land, and new city services like Park Maintenance, which boosts happiness and effectiveness, and helps level up parks.
• Brick by Brick: Customize your city with new buildings and assets, including a new sightseeing bus line, new service buildings, fresh attractions like amusement parks, nature reserves, city parks and zoos. There’s also a regal new monument, the Castle of Lord Chirpwick.
• Freeway Free for All: For the first time in Cities: Skylines, you can place buildings next to paths in the park districts (not just next to roads). Props can be placed anywhere inside park areas.
• Recesses Between Buildings: Transform those empty spaces between your buildings into vibrant parks and gardens.
• It’s a Walk in the Park: Customize routes and set ticket prices for new walking and sightseeing tours, among other tourism enhancements.
• Policies, Please: Take on three new city policies and eight new park policies to deal with recreational hazards like Fireworks and Animal Ethics.
More than that, Cities is adding a new radio station: Country Road Radio. The radio host is pure Dixieland Delight, spinning six instrumental tracks and ten songs with original vocals covering Appalachian Folk, Bluegrass/Honky Tonk, Nashville Modern Country and Unplugged country.
In addition to the paid expansion, Cities: Skylines will also get a free PC update, as usual, including a new tourism panel, trees that reduce noise pollution, a camera mode upgrade, new tourist models, and new modding features, including submeshmodding and an improved camera system so users can control the camera with scripts.
An area filler tool?! I've waited for this for years! Finally! Thank you!
Wow, you really DO listen to fans' feedback! Other companies should learn from you ❤️
But this chart is itself merely a sliver taking up about 0.7% of a much larger chart, the other 99.3% of which is a solid block of red labelled "Modding"
Anyone else ever fire up the game to just "visit" their city? Like no intention of building anything new or tweaking anything or solving any problems, just kind of "be" there.
Mine is like 50% POV on vehicles. I like to have a smoke while seeing how much my buses and trains are used, and seeing how long it takes cargo to go from the terminal, to industry, and back again
That's creepy *Edit....yes
It's missing the gridlock in all directions from all the cars trying to merge into 1 single lane.
You built the directions the wrong way around. Start over.
that's the joke
Ooh, Cities: Skylines and TF2? I see you’re a person of refined tastes.
Ayy I'm even playing tf2 right now...not koth_viaduct though :P
Read my mind